Everyone likes to add a little sparkle and shine to their nails for the party season. Most people will go for the traditional red, silver or gold but I find those colours don’t really suit me. So in January this year, when I saw a post on Miss Budget Beauty for Christmas nails I thought I have to remember that for next year! I couldn’t remember what colours to get but bought Essie Perennial Chic and Essie A Cut Above. I wanted a nice peachy/nude colour underneath so the glitter would be nice and subtle on top. And I wasn’t disappointed at all. So many people have commented on my nails in the past week. This combination goes with every outfit and is just so pretty.
The formulas for each of the nail varnishes were fantastic. They went on beautifully. No streaking, levelled out really well, dried quickly and the brush was, as always, a great size – as Goldilocks would say just right.
To achieve the same look follow these simple steps:
- Apply a base coat – I use Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat
- Apply two coats of Essie Perennial Chic
- Apply 1 coat of Essie A Cut Above – I only do one coat but keep adding enough glitter until I am happy
- Apply a top coat – I use Sally Hansen Mega Shine
- Apply quick dry drops – I use Sally Hansen
Nail inspiration from Miss Budget Beauty
You can purchase Essie nail varnishes from Priceline and other pharmacies.