Those first few weeks when the weather starts to transition to a new season can always be a tricky one…the mornings can have a slight chill in them but the days can still be warm so it can be hard to know what to wear. My advice – don’t come out of your summer clothes too quickly. You want to use layering pieces in order to accommodate the weather, which in certain states of our glorious country can be 4 seasons in one day!
So here are my top tips on how to get the most out of your summer clothes:
- Denim Jacket Have a wardrobe staple like a denim jacket handy…a denim jacket is perfect for popping over just about any outfit. You can wear it over a basic tee or even a pretty floaty dress.
- Basic T-shirts it may be a bit too cool to wear a strappy dress but why not pop a basic white/black tee or singlet underneath. Not only will it keep you warmer but also looks great with a pair of sneakers.
- Wear Shorts with Long Sleeve Tops - Funnily enough I find it is always my shoulders and upper body that gets cold first, so I like to wear a long sleeve linen shirt with the sleeves rolled up with a good old pair of denim shorts. That way you still get to wear your shorts for a bit longer before transitioning to jeans – because lets face it once you are in jeans it can be months before you come back out of them!
- Wear Knits over your Dresses Wear a light weight knit over dresses to turn them into a skirt/top combo. This not only helps keep you warm but also adds a new style combination to your wardrobe and gets more out of your clothes! Fantastic for everyone's budget.
- Lightweight Scarves I love wearing a scarf in autumn. Not only do they add something a bit extra to an outfit but they are also a great layering item.
I hope these little tips help you and would love to hear from you if you try any of the or if you have some more to add to the list!